Sunday, April 22, 2007

9mm vs. 40+ caliber

I happen to like both the .40 and 9mm calibres. I used to own a Springfield Armory micro compact (.45 calibre) and it was absolutely horrible in terms of accuracy. I kid you not, at 25 feet I couldn't hit a human sized silhouette target - and have absolutely no problems hitting it 9 out of 9 times with a Glock 27 (far more recoil than the .45 - In my humble opinion). Anyway, I sold the Springfield pistol due to the problems I had with it.

Now, the purpose of this article is not to discuss what I used to have and shoot, or do currently have and shoot, but to direct you to an interesting forum entry by a technician (performs autopsies) that works at the Atlanta Georgia Morgue. He goes on to discuss his observations on calibre and efficiency. Please note, there were at my counting 20+ pages...and they just get more interesting based on his observations of weapon type:

1. Shotgun
2. Rifle
3. Pistol (last resort)

Just for the record, I would NEVER feel underarmed with a 9mm carry piece. Of course, your mileage may vary...

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Nathaniel said...

Great link; thanks.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great discussion. I still feel my 9mm is adequate, but plenty of good points to consider.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home