Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Oh the places you'll go..."

(Please note that the subject of this post is based on a conversation...I wouldn't want you to confuse me with fabricating events like the New York Times)

I was talking with a few friends of mine today and the topic swung to people moving here to the sunny state of Utah from the "big cities" (ie. Chicago, Los Angeles, San Fransisco, New York ad infinitum). According to what I have seen/heard the vast majority move out of those blue-state Hell holes due to out of control crime, housing prices etc. One topic rose up regarding many of these people being "hoplophobes" and joining anti-gun groups here in Utah. Answer me this: why in the BLOODY HELL do you move to a "low crime" state and want to start passing laws (against gun ownership) that led to your previous city resembling something out of Dante's Inferno?

But wait, I guess I'm not as "educated" as them, so I can't possibly understand their "logic". Also, I'm just too tired to try.

Please post away and give me your thoughts on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home